- 30” scale length; “C”-shaped maple neck
- One P Bass split single-coil middle pickup, one J Bass® single-coil bridge pickup
- 9.5”-radius rosewood fingerboard with 19 medium jumbo frets
- Four-saddle bridge; four-bolt neck plate; vintage-style tuning machines
- Master Volume and Tone controls; three-way pickup switch
This Mustang Bass features Fender’s classic short scale length (30”) for pronounced playing comfort for students and beginners, smaller players and anyone who enjoys the easily reachable range of a short-scale bass.
“PJ” PICKUP CONFIGURATION
Bassists will appreciate the tonal versatility of the “PJ” pickup configuration, with a seismic split single-coil Precision Bass® middle pickup and growling Jazz Bass® bridge pickup.
MODERN “C”-SHAPED NECK
This instrument features a modern neck designed for comfort and performance, with a contemporary “C”-shaped profile (the shape of the neck in cross section), 9.5” fingerboard radius and medium jumbo frets.
THREE-WAY PICKUP SWITCH
This Mustang Bass features a three-way toggle pickup switch, giving you either the bridge or neck pickup alone, or both.
FOUR-SADDLE HARDTAIL BRIDGE
This model features a hardtail four-saddle bridge for solid tuning stability, precise intonation and increased sustain.
ENGRAVED NECK PLATE
This Mustang Bass features a special neck plate engraved with a Fender “F” logo—a classic design element for Fender instruments.